Wedding are special, and celebrity wedding are still more due to the attention it receives from society, media and their own close knits. When it comes to wedding, bride-to-be are extra cautious about their outfits, hairstyles, makeup and overall look. Each one wants to put their best foot forward and look awesome. Though, all brides look special on their important day, here is a list of few of our favorite ones who looked stunning on their wedding or receptions.
- Kate Middleton – Kate Middleton married Prince William on 29th April 2011 in a grand ceremony. It was one of the most talked weddings and all eyes were focused on new Duchess of Cambridge. As per the expectations Kate Middleton did manage to look stunning in her bridal look. Her bridal gown was designed by Sarah Burton, a London designer and was made of satin with overlaid lace bodice and appliquéd skirt. The bridal train was 270 centimeters and was also incorporated with lace. Her dress epitomized timeless British craftsmanship and talent. Middleton wore diamond earring, Queen’s tiara and held shield-shaped wired bouquet. For makeup Kate had shown a modern touch with lose curls, soft smoky eyes and pink lips. She highlighted her eyes and eyebrows which looked good. Her perfect makeup combined with a gorgeous dress made her look amazingly beautiful and elegant.
- Princess Diana – The fairytale wedding of Lady Diana Spencer to Prince Charles, took place on 29th July 1981. Diana’s wedding dress was made of silk taffeta, 109 yard of net for underskirt and was decorated with lace, embroidery, sequins and 10,000 pearls. This ultimate wedding frock had a 25 ft long train. In keeping with the wedding tradition the dress included antique lace (something old), bits of silk spun within country (something news), her Spencer’s family tiara (something borrowed) and a small blue bow sewn into waistband (something blue). A small 18- carat gold and diamond horseshoe was sewn into her dress (for good luck). She carried free-flowing arrangement of three orchid varieties and wore lace adorned shoes. A light makeup with mascara made her look quite pretty. With all this, it is not surprising to find Lady Diana featured in almost all lists of ‘most beautiful brides around the world’.
- Shilpa Shetty – An Indian Bollywood star and much known for her participation in Big Brother, Shilpa Shetty is undoubtedly beauty personified. She married Raj Kundra in a lavish wedding in Nov, 2009. Clad in traditional bridal wear – a Red sari (long following material draped around body) with lots of embroidery and stone work, she looked ravishing on her wedding day. The dress was designed by Tarun Tahiliani. She wore heavy accessories adorned with diamonds and emeralds. Her hairstyle consisted of long braid that covered her back. Shilpa opted for a subtle makeup and maroon colored lipstick to match her heavy outfit. Shilpa Shetty’s look surely reflected grace and beautiful Indian tradition.
- Alicia Keys – Alicia Keys is one of those ladies who can carry herself gracefully each time. When Alicia Keys married her longtime boyfriend Swizz Beatz she was pregnant with her baby bump quite visible. She wore a free flowing; Grecian-inspired Vera Wang gown that was perfectly accessorized with crystal headpiece from Jacob & Co. Her one-shouldered gown was made of ivory silk and matched her island style wedding. She carried beautiful purple calla lilies in her hand. Her minimal makeup and perfectly tied hair suited her well. Alicia Keys dress and perfect look is a sure inspiration to all those who plan to get married while pregnant.
- Kate Moss – Supermodel Kate Moss, tied knot with Jamie Hince, wearing a gown designed by John Galliano. Her cream silk gown with a bias-cut was beautifully embellished with gold bearing and her lace was embroidered with polka dots that complimented her gown very well. Her hair was styled in a middle partition with loosely tousled waves pinned back to the side of ear. She wore appealing handmade shoes. Kate’s bouquet was hand-tied arrangement of white roses, lisianthus, daisies which blended well with an English country wedding. Her makeup consisted of natural, creamy foundation, nude lips and well-defined eyelashes. Kate Moss went in for a romantic beauty look with both modern and vintage touch and managed to look angelic in it.
- Megan Fox – Megan Fox, a famous American actress and model had a romantic Hawaiian away from the crowd wedding. She wedded Brian Austin Green in 2010 in an intimate beachside function attended by sole witness Brian’s son and the priest. For her big day she wore flowing silk chiffon Armani Prive gown. The gown had a sweetheart neckline and a 16 ft train. She carried an all white bouquet with gardenias and roses. She preferred to skip shoes so as to walk on beach. Her minimal makeup and gorgeous hair made her look beautiful and perfect for the beach wedding.
Liz Taylor, Gwen Stefani, Jacqueline Bouvier, Marilyn Monroe, Aishwarya Rai Bachan, Jackie Kennedy, Grace Kelly, Victoria Beckham are few others beautiful women who looked splendid on their wedding. All these brides prove one point for sure, whether you wear an expensive heavily embroidered dress or a simple one, whether you have a exotic hairstyle or mere flowing curls and whether you wear expensive diamond sets or just seaside shells, if you can carry it gracefully and with poise, you can surely look stunning.