Breakfast, the name itself suggest it is meant for breaking the fast which we had all through the night. As rightly said – Breakfast is an important meal of the day. However, on busy morning it falls low on our priority list and we suffer for the whole day. Let’s enlist few benefits of having a healthy breakfast.
- A complete breakfast provides the much needed energy.
- It helps in weight management as it provides the needed calorie at right time and in right quantity.
- It also helps you eat better all the day, as you don’t land up munching fast food due to hunger pangs.
- And of course since you are not hungry all the while you can concentrate better and do your work effectively.
- The National Health Service says – “Eating breakfast has long term health benefits. It can reduce obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease and diabetes.”
Since having breakfast is such an important thing, it is necessary we have it healthy and filled with required nutrients. Depending on our age, activity chart, disorder of any vitamin requirements your breakfast needs may vary. However few tips are common for all –
- A tall glass of water and fresh fruit juice or milk should be an essential part of your menu.
- Egg white or whole egg, lean meat, chopped vegetables or any other protein rich food should be included in your daily breakfast.
- Wheat bread along with peanut butter or jam can be an easy choice if you are in hurry.
- Kids can be given pancakes, muffins, waffles or rolls made of whole wheat grains or oats.
- Include cereals in your breakfast. Cornflakes or oats with a bowl of milk provides energy and fiber. It also keeps your hunger at bay for longer hours.
- Avoid fast food, make your own sandwiches by adding veggies or a slice of turkey between breads and top it with a low-fat mayo. Stuff with lettuce and tomato to make it even healthier.
- Go for fresh fruits and vegetables instead of canned ones.
- Plan your breakfast for a week, and keep things ready at night so that you don’t spend much time during morning hours.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper is a common saying. Do not forget that having breakfast is very crucial for your health, so never miss it. The better you eat the better will be your health.