Your rosy lips and dimple chin would lose their charm if not adorned with clean sparkling teeth. Most of us tend to ignore oral hygiene till we suffer from some dental problem. Unhealthy teeth can cause toothaches and discomfort, but are also responsible for several gum and other serious diseases.
We have tried to compile few dental care tips here-
- Always brush thoroughly, at least twice a day. It is recommended to brush your teeth after each meal, but if that’s not possible, you can at least rinse your mouth thoroughly with mouthwash. It is very rightly said, when you brush once a day that is for others, but when do it twice a day, it is for you.
- Flossing your teeth is also essential to prevent decay and gum problems. Floss between your teeth with rubbing motion. Avoid touching your gum lines.
- Visit your dentist regularly. Even if you feel a slight twinge, get it checked. A small crack can be smoothed or filled; larger ones would require full crown or caps.
- Remember to replace your toothbrush periodically.
- Intake of calcium and Vitamin D, C rich food is essential for healthy teeth and gums. Include milk, dairy products, fresh vegetables and citrus fruits in your regular meals.
- Saliva in mouth helps battling bacteria and hence saliva production should be promoted. Chewing sugar free gum after a meal helps increase saliva flow and naturally washes bacteria and neutralizes acid. This also helps in preventing bad breath.
- Teenagers with braces need to take special care of their teeth, use of special brushes, and taking proper care of retainers is crucial. Speak to your dentist or Orthodontist and follow their advice religiously.
- And last but not the least, remember your teeth aren’t tools to rip open chips packet, or unscrew bottles. Do not damage your teeth by doing so.
Smile speaks every language and a healthy smile would lose its charm without shiny teeth to support.