In today’s times where competition is at its peak, it is of utmost importance that you have acquired finest set of skills and make sure you are updated with the real time market needs. Selecting a professional course correctly is of immense importance at this point of life. Professional courses can be taken in several modes. One can opt for online, distance, part-time or full-time course based on the requirement and availability. Today we shall review some of the professional courses which can prove to be an essential aid to enhance the job prospects and career growth:
- Management courses: At one point of time, pursuing Masters in Business Administration was just like every person’s dream. Now with many more bifurcations in MBA, one has become selective while opting for the management courses. Depending on your interest you can either do specialization in Human Resource Management, Marketing, Finance and Operations or any other niche. Pursuing management courses after few years of industrial experience is recommended, however there are number of institutes which offer various specialization right after graduation or an integrated course starting after schools.
- Engineering and Technical courses: Engineering in various field has always been a looked upon option. Electronics, Information technology, Communications, Mechanical, Aeronautical are few popular fields for engineering courses. Apart from a full time graduation course many individuals opt for some part time courses in order to enhance their skills. Many universities across the world do offer online or part time technical courses in this arena which help students to shine in bright colours in profession.
- Translators: With growing globalization cross country interaction had increased. Different countries across the world have different official languages and many a times for business deals companies need to understand the local language. Since a company cannot hire so many individuals these task are generally outsourced to translators who charge per page or per hour for translating documents or carrying out conversation during business deals. Even NGOs need translators for local conversations. French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese and German are few languages which are in huge demand for translators.
- Communication courses: Communication is an important tool to grow professionally in any stream and or field. One has to keep tab on their communication skills and it’s advisable to take up some professional courses in the area of communication skills. Courses such as ‘How to handle important conversations?’ and ‘How to resolve conflicts?’ and many such more can prove to be an efficient enhancers professionally. Such professionals can act as trainers at various institutes or organization. Marketing communication, technical writers, content designer are few options open for communication graduates.
- Media and Journalism courses: Media and Journalism related courses are gaining popularity these days. New channels, newspapers, magazines, online news distributors are always searching for new talent who can get in news and pass it on in a lively manner to public. Individuals who are inclined towards learning truth, curious about what is happening around them and having good communication skills can easily flourish in these professions.
- Fine Arts courses: One of the age old courses which still haven’t lost its charm is fine arts. Even today, we see several talented students taking up various fine art courses. Drama, culture, critics, painters, jewelry designer, textile and fashion designing are few options to explore.
- Healthcare courses: Healthcare business is something which will never face recession. No matter how things are when it comes to our healthcare needs we cannot compromise. Apart from medical professions including doctors, nurses and paramedical service providers few others areas are also equally important. Alternate medicines like acupuncture, Ayurveda, Homeopathy are few upcoming fields. Physiotherapist, dentist, periodontist, cosmetologist are quite in demand.
- Quality courses: Quality professionals use various quality management approaches and tools to help organizations improve and maintain consistency in all process and meet customers and stakeholders needs. The quality courses can help one to succeed in the area of quality domain irrespective of the industry one is working on. Today we have several quality programs such as Six Sigma, Lean, FMEA, Risk Management and few others are good options to explore. It is important to select the course as per the organizational needs so as to align with the same and climb the ladder smoothly.
- Basic Sciences: Physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, mathematics or any such subject knowledge can fetch you good jobs. An expert in such field can either be a professor, lecturer in a college, a school-teacher or a scientist conducting research in institutes. If you have zeal to learn any subject in depth and learn everything possible about it, do think of this option. A profession wherein you impart knowledge not only helps you earn good but also gives job satisfaction. And the pleasure of inventing after years of labour is something only a scientist can experience better.
- Travel and Tourism courses: A course in travel and tourism can gain you entry either as a guide, a trip planner, trip organizer or even a travel writer. For all those who love travelling and enjoy exploring new places this is a great option to check out. Several full time and part time courses can train you in your area of interest. Infact this would be a kind of profession wherein your hobby itself can help you earn good money. Number of tourist visiting different regions is increasing daily and this field is surely a growing one.
Whichever option you select, try to make an informed decision. Know where your strength lies, take an aptitude test if you are unsure and get the best benefit out of your course. No job is low or high, but whatever work you do ensure you are doing your best and at the end of the day feeling satisfied.